What is DUI or DWI?
DUI or DWI is a crime which is caused when vehicle is driven under the influence of alcohol. With that it is also important to understand that drinking and driving is not a crime (for adults) but the crime comes from impaired driving or driving with high level of alcohol in the blood.
USA and DUI or DWI crime:
In 1910 USA adopted law against drunk driving. New York was the first state to implement this law and thereafter other state followed it. In some states, violation of this law is termed as DUI (Driving Under the Influence) and in other states it is called as DWI (Driving While Intoxicated).
What if any person is under DUI or DWI Crime?
Following are the important points need to follow when under DUI or DWI crime:
– Search for DUI or DWI attorney who is specialized in such type of charges. This is because their success rate is much higher than regular attorney.
– Get a free consultation from three or more DWI attorneys. This will help to narrow down the choice to select the best DWI defense attorney.
– Find out, who among them, is a member of or affiliated with, National College of DUI Defense.
– Select the best out of them. The most experienced, with high success rate and what the victim is comfortable with, along with it's service fees.
– Attorney fees may be fixed or on hourly base. Attorney may also take additional charges for the services which are directly related to the case. Other service like having expert witness, independent blood testing etc.
– Have a written contract from attorney and understand the agreement, in terms of, time and services and fees points referred by attorney.
Selection of best DUI or DWI Attorney plays very important role if any victim wants to get a DUI or DWI dismissed and remove it's name from the record. It is also very important to understand that if any victim is found guilty then guilty person can not drive during the suspension period, this fear will inevitably lead to good selection of DUI or DWI attorney.